12 September 2017

why so serious | Naimah.A.

Hello Dolls 

                      As a young girl I remember all the time I would waste day dreaming about being an adult. I loved the idea of having pizza for breakfast and snacking on cookies late at night. I also like the idea of  being responsible and not being told what to do so being an adult was merely a dream. When I finally hit 18 years of age I told myself I have to wear my big girl panties and figure this whole adulting thing out. I wish adulting was a slice of cheese pizza for breakfast because it sure wasn't. I noticed how many expectations I put on adulting along with the ones thrown at me by others which left me in a constant worry. My day dreams slowly shifted to me running around barefoot and carefree as a child. I didn't know what I signed up for and I don't think any teenager hitting adulthood does. I took life way too serious as an adult and put a brick loud of expectations on the smallest of problems I had. 
                          I then found what I call an "ADULT CHILDHOOD" that keeps me from going insane in my realm of thoughts. It consist of a whole lot of coloring and pizza for breakfast I tell you that. I sometimes catch myself racing a child to the last swing just so I can swing on it. I have some of the parents give me that look and little do they now I am a child at heart and there is nothing they can do to stop my joy. I genuinely find my happiness in little things like that and so can all of you. As you can tell in this outfit I hunted down a colorful wall that spoke to my "Adult childhood" and also gives this look a lot of life. I went for my classic mom jeans that I clearly have over worn and simple black pumps. I also pared this look with my favorite cropped hoodie and an over sized pare of glasses to give it a nerdy flare. I hope you guys enjoy this post and find balance somewhere along you adult lives. Till next time XOXOXO 







Outfit Details 
Crop Hoodie : Vans 
Jeans : Levis 
Heels : H&M


No comments:

Post a Comment