09 October 2017

Beautiful You | Naimah.A.

Hello Dolls


                    I hope all is well wherever your beautiful souls are at. I recently came across a wonderful video posted by Trace Ellis Ross who to me is one of the many incredible women I look up to. The short clip that I watch has moved me beyond measures reminding me how far we've came with self acceptance. Growing up I remember seeing advertisements and looking up to women with different complexion and features then me. I never understood how misleading it could be to my young mind until I became a teen and my insecurities heightened. I call this my awkward teen faze where my hair was a frizz ball I had a huge overbite, and an odd body shape that didn't resemble any of the high school musical characters I liked. Now that I am a lot older I am happy to see so many of the beauty standards being challenged instead of blindly followed. I'm here to encourage you to start your self love journey if you already haven't and, embrace your individuality that sets you apart from the rest. I hope you guys enjoyed this post till next time XOXO.





No comments:

Post a Comment