21 November 2017

My hair journey | Naimah.A.

Hello Dolls 

           I've been through so many drastic hair changes in the past couple of months (gosh it's exhausting lol). I always wanted to experiment with my hair but never knew where to start. My hair journey has taught me so much about myself and it goes a little like this. I grew up on braids and protective styles so, it wasn't shocking when my boyish self got mistaken for my brother. I liked it a whole lot and didn't find nothing wrong with it until I got to high school and most girls had their hair figured out. I used to wear the hijab for the most part but as soon I decided to show my hair the big reveal wasn't too impressive. I didn't know how to make the frizz in my hair go away or have my edges laid like most girls. I would take the easiest route and straighten my hair every morning before school, and I still didn't feel beautiful. I remember how difficult it was for me to get my hair to look sleek straight and frizz free for my graduation. Oh how much I cringe every time I look back at those pictures. 

                   After not having to wake up everyday to straighten my hair, I stumbled across YouTube videos that cater to a girl like myself. I learned a lot about different curl patterns and ways of caring for my hair. That's when I cut my hair to my ear length and nurtured my curls for almost 2 years. My patients has paid off and right when I was fully fulfilled; I chose to switch gears and cut my hair all off. Everybody kept asking why I did it as if I sacrificed a baby to the wolves and I always told them 'I just felt like it'. I felt so beautiful with my short hair and I truly never felt so free and powerful in my whole life. I dyed my hair blonde, and it's been the first time ever changing my hair color so you can only imagine how I felt. With all that taking place I decided to take it back to the old school days and get myself some box braids. As you can tell from down below I really love my new hair style and I hope you stick around more for my hair transformation. I worked with a local photographer named @allouisjphotography, and he's helped me capture these amazing photos of myself. You should go give his Instagram posts a look you'll be amazed. Till next time loves XOXOXO










Outfit Details
 Sweater : Forever21
 Jeans : Gab
Sox : Rue21
Shoes : Zumies 


No comments:

Post a Comment